CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES allows the SFRM material to remain in the hose up to 72 hours (such as overnight or over the weekend) without the need to purge with water. This improves job site productivity by reducing wash out and start up time, construction waste and downtime.
CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES is gypsum based medium density Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) designed to provide protection for structural steel in commercial and high rise construction.
CAFCO 400 ES’s / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES’s physical properties, combined with superior fire resistive performance and application efficiencies, make it the ideal choice for high rise structures with time sensitive deadlines.
- CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES provides all of the benefits of CAFCO 400 AC / ISOLATEK Type 400 AC, along with the elimination of washout and reduced start up times, thus increasing productivity.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
- Its light red color provides an easily identifiable marker to clearly indicate its use.
Designed to provide delayed set time, thereby allowing the slurry to remain in the hose for up to 72 hours. Used in conjunction with CAFCO 400 AC / ISOLATEK Type 400 AC and ISOLATEK QWIK-SET®.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 1000°F (537°C) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 2000°F (1093°C) after a period of up to 4 hours.
CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with ANSI/ UL263 and is listed within various UL Designs.
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has conducted a technical evaluation on CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES. The result of the evaluation process assures that the CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES is in compliance with the International Building Code (IBC).
CAFCO 400 ES / ISOLATEK Type 400 ES complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078100 Applied Fireproofing (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00
- Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRMs)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||MasterSpec® Performance Requirements||CAFCO 400 ES |
ISOLATEK Type 400 ES
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less |
Smoke Developed: 0
|Density||ASTM E605||22 pcf (353 kg/m3)||22-25 pcf (352-400 kg/m3)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||430 psf (20.6 kPa)||1,849 psf (88.5 kPa)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||7,344 psf (351.7 kPa)||8,719 psf (417.5 kPa)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/ft.2 (0.000 g/m2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
|Thermal Properties||ASTM C518||Conductivity[k] – 0.494 BTU in/hr ft2 oF @ 75oF |
(0.0712 W/m•K @ 24oC)Resistance [R/inch]-2.02