The harsh environments of petrochemical facilities, refineries, and nuclear/power plants are prime candidates to benefit from the high performance of the ISOLATEK® passive fireproofing system. ISOLA-GUARD is an integral component to this system and provides the added assurance that the cement-based fireproofing materials are sealed from moisture and associated structures will be well protected with minimal maintenance required.
The ISOLA-GUARD System is comprised of two water-based epoxy coatings working together to seal and further enhance the robustness, resilience and durability characteristics of CAFCO® FENDOLITE® M-II, TG, and M-II/P / ISOLATEK® Type M-II, TG, and M-II/P cement-based spray-applied fire-resistive materials.
ISOLA-GUARD WB 500 is a multipurpose material functioning as a curing agent, water repellent, and primer with distinct attributes. In adverse high temperature/low humidity environments ISOLA-GUARD WB 500 facilitates the curing process of CAFCO FENDOLITE M-II / ISOLATEK Type M-II materials and optimizes their strength by normalizing the drying rate. As a water repellent ISOLA-GUARD WB 500 increases the CAFCO FENDOLITE M-II / ISOLATEK Type M-II Series fireproofing’s already superb water repellency by a factor of 5 and provides a protective seal against moisture penetration. In addition, when applied prior to the application of caulk or sealant at termination points, ISOLA-GUARD WB 500 effectively seals and protects the termination areas from moisture ingress. Its unique water vapor permeability also allows for optimized drying and preparedness for a final coat of ISOLA-GUARD WB 510 or topcoats.
ISOLA-GUARD WB 510 is a premium grade water-based epoxy sealer generating a superior level of protection against water and weather. A high viscosity material having 68% solids (SBV), ISOLA-GUARD WB 510 can be applied as soon as 48 hours after the application of ISOLA-GUARD WB 500. Only a single coat (4 mil DFT) is needed to complete the entire (6 mil) system generating an enduring abrasion and moisture-resistant finish for years to come.
- Provides an enduring seal against moisture penetration.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, weather and temperature conditions.
- Facilitates the optimum curing process of CAFCO FENDOLITE M-II / ISOLATEK Type M-II Series SFRMs.
- Can be applied over damp CAFCO FENDLITE M-II, TG, or M-II/P / ISOLATEK Type M-II, TG, and M-II/P within a 24-72 hour period of the fireproofing’s application.
- Easy to apply via spray, roller or brush.
- Quick clean up using only water and no solvents.
- Environmentally friendly, low VOC.
- Kit sizes for all project types – large scale, patching, and termination point sealing.