CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB is a commercial density, Wet Mix Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) that is virtually identical to CAFCO 300 / ISOLATEK Type 300, specifically designed to provide fire protection in retrofit commercial construction projects.
With its light green color and superior overall fire protection performance, CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB is an easily identified, cost effective solution for spray-back fire protection to various floor and roof assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists.
- CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB provides all of the benefits of CAFCO 300 / ISOLATEK Type 300, with the addition of an easily identified light green tint to indicate its use in Retrofit construction applications.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for Commercial structures including ANSI/UL 263, ASTM E119, CAN/ULC-S101.
- Offers LEED building credits for recycled content.
- Exceeds industry in-place physical performance standards.
Designed to provide fire protection in retrofit applications for up to 4 hour ratings to various floor and roof deck assemblies, steel beams, columns, and joists in commercial construction projects.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols.
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 1000°F (537°C) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 2000°F (1093°C) after a period of up to 4 hours.
CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with the cellulosic fire test and is listed within various UL Designs.
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
An MEA Number is the number assigned to a product that has been approved for use in New York City by the MEA Division. CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB has been reviewed and MEA numbers have been assigned.
The MEA division regulates “certain materials and equipment (that) require Department of Buildings acceptance.” These manufactured items affect public safety, health and welfare (including structural stability and fire safety) and are usually a permanent part of a building.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has conducted a technical evaluation on CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB. The result of the evaluation process assures that the CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB is in compliance with the International Building Code (IBC).
CAFCO 300 SB / ISOLATEK Type 300 SB complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
- MasterSpec®, Section 078100 Applied Fireproofing (AIA)
- MasterFormat® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC,CSI)
- Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00 Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
- Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
- PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance* Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM’s)|
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||MasterSpec® Performance Requirements||CAFCO 300 SB|
ISOLATEK Type 300 SB
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||Flame Spread: 10 or less Smoke Developed: 0||00|
|Density||ASTM E605||15 pcf (240 kg/m3)||15 pcf (240 kg/m3)|
|Cohesion / Adhesion (Bond Strength)||ASTM E736||150 psf (7.2 kPa)||406 psf (19.4 kPa)|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||1,440 psf (68.9 kPa)||3,311 psf (158.5 kPa)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||Max. 0.025 g/ft.2||0.000 g/ft.2 (0.000 g/m2)|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days||Zero Growth After 28 days|
|Sound Absorption||ASTM C423||0.50 NRC 1″ (25mm) on deck and beam|
|Thermal Properties||ASTM C518||Conductivity[k] – 0.54 BTU in/hr ft2 oF @ 75oF (0.078 W/m•K @ 24oC)Resistance [R/inch]-1.85|