Isolatek International, the industry leader in the marketing and manufacturing of passive fire protection materials for the construction industry has an immediate opening for a full time Process Support Engineer in our Operations Department at it’s corporate headquarters in Stanhope, NJ.
The Process Support Engineer is responsible for overseeing the project management and process engineering function to improve Operational Excellence at Isolatek’s manufacturing facilities which includes 4 domestic locations, interfacing with global toll manufacturers, and working closely with Isolatek’s R & D team in the commercialization of new products.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Provide proactive and engaged management on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency and Operational Excellence, and improve customer experience.
- Resolve problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Provide technical direction, support and guidance to the organization.
- Measure and monitor the progress of projects to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Transition processes from New Product Development to commercialization and stabilization successfully.
- Develop standard format engineering Stage Gate document packages including cost estimates, resource requirements, operating costs, schedules, risk assessments, regulatory impact and cost/ benefit analysis (process descriptions, PFDs, PIDs, mass balance, equipment design, operating instructions, maintenance procedures, electrical drawings, instrumentation specifications, etc. Drive the usage of these standardized forms across all company locations. Prepare project packages.
- Implement a centralized document management system for engineering document packages.
- Develop processes from descriptions, notes, personal observations and guidance provided by various personnel including R&D.
- Specify and design or oversee the development of manufacturing equipment and facilities, including, processes, civil engineering, electrical systems, mechanical systems, and instrumentation. Validate and improve processes.
- Perform risk assessment and management of change activities for new and improved processes.
- Prepares funding requests, leads the development and delivery of annual budget projects (expense and capital), and reports progress and status on a monthly basis.
- Incorporates appropriate regulations (OSHA, PSM, API, NEC, DOT, etc.) and compliance into work and projects.
- Support manufacturing and maintenance personnel, as needed, to resolve process and quality issues
- Support continual improvement initiatives like Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Prepare technical reports and maintain organized, accurate and retrievable files of all work
- Provide training to staff involved in the use or maintenance of equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Prepare or review operation, safety and maintenance procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates should have a minimum of seven years in a similar role. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical or chemical preferred) is required.
Skills Desired Are
- Hands-on experience in process engineering and project management with demonstrated leadership.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates – technical and non-technical from shop floor to upper management
- Works well independently and in team environment
- Advanced problem solving and facilitation skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, technical drawing, strong PC skills (ie Microsoft Office), and management information systems
- Knowledge of industrial processes and ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulations (OSHA, PSM, API, NEC, DOT, etc.)
- Highly organized and be able to manage multiple, complicated, projects simultaneously. Able to logically assess technical issues, determine critical elements of these issues and evaluate alternate solutions
- Must be proficient in electrical power distribution, bulk solids and liquids storage, handling and processing.
- Must be proficient in ventilation and dust recovery, instrumentation and control specification, procurement, equipment installation, and start-up experience.
- Must be self-motivated, curious and willing to work “hands-on” with an efficient and effective style, a strong leader, ability to work under pressure, atypical hours, and travel internationally
- Prefer experience in designing and operating small, automated, packaging systems for solids/ powders (50 lb. bags) and for liquids (5 gal. pails)
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience (green belt preferred)
Isolatek International offers an attractive compensation package, including 401(k) plan. To be considered, please send your letter of interest and resumein confidence to Isolatek International. Relocation benefits are not offered. No phone calls please. No agencies please. EOE